Talk

Advanced search

almost sleepover party

(5 Posts)
SwanValleyuser77 Wed 13-Mar-19 22:06:47

My daughter (6) wants a sleepover for her birthday party but I think she is too young and her friends are generally not used to them yet either. So I wondered instead about doing a nearly sleepover party? So maybe the kids could wear onsesies if they want, bring a sleeping bag and go home about 7.30pm? I imagine pizza and craft activites?
Has anyone done this?
Any other ideas?

OP’s posts: |
HennyPennyHorror Thu 14-Mar-19 01:29:48

Great idea! I agree, 6 is too young. I know there are parents out there who do it but 6 is sooo small to be in a stranger's home. At that age, some still wet the bed and have nightmares or get up and wander.

Call it a SleepUnder party...or maybe a Nearly Sleepover Party is best.

Pizza and crafts sound good! You could give them little eye sleep masks in their party bag...

QuietlyQuaffing Sat 16-Mar-19 15:00:04

We did this successfully. Called it a girls' night in. I think it's great idea.

We did craft, pizza and a film, but don't expect them to stay in front of the TV for any length of time. We break up films with pizza and popcorn.

badwedding Sat 16-Mar-19 16:23:18

We've done this before and called it a SleepUp party.

Kids dropped off in onesies at 5pm - we had some pizza, party games, a movie and popcorn.

All picked up at 9.30pm and it worked a treat!

SwanValleyuser77 Sat 16-Mar-19 18:22:23

Thank you all. Great ideas. I think I might get them making slipper socks with ‘puffy oaint’. Any suggestions for a short movie for 6/7 yr olds? Maybe an hour of something. I had a disaster for my son’s 8th party where they watched Home Alone, their behaviour was beyond awful so thinking a shorter movie plus lots of craft is the answer

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »