Talk

Advanced search

Hot food for 5 year old party

(4 Posts)
Jank8 Fri 08-Mar-19 09:52:01

My DS has decided he wants hot food for his party. There will be about 25 kids and access to an oven (and we won't be too far from home). I'm thinking chicken nuggets and chips but not sure on alternative, pizza will be hard to keep warm and store (can't stack on top) and fish fingers never seem to stay in one piece! Any idea would be hugely welcome!! TIA

OP’s posts: |
Lwmommy Fri 08-Mar-19 09:56:00

Whats your budget?

Im seriously considering just ordering 4 xl pizzas for delivery from the local pizza place, will be about £20 and should feed 20 4 yr olds mid afternoon if i add some snacky bits like cherry tomatoes, fruit and biscuits to the table.

Ricekrispie22 Sun 10-Mar-19 16:38:13

We did hotdogs and I’m so glad we did. It was easy. Just two baking dishes in the oven (one for normal sausages, the other for vegetarian). The children were able to eat them with their fingers so we didn’t need cutlery. We just used paper plates to tie in with the party theme. We cut and buttered the hot dog rolls at home, and took sneezy bottles of ketchup. Afterwards a mother of a vegetarian child thanked me for providing something for her son that looked the same as everyone else’s, so he didn’t feel strange or left out.

Penguinpandarabbit Sun 10-Mar-19 16:49:03

I would have a vegetarian alternative - margherita pizza or macaroni cheese maybe. Hotdogs are popular too.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »