Talk

Advanced search

Pass the parcel layers

(5 Posts)
starsparkle08 Sun 17-Feb-19 20:10:29

Party not until August but wondering about pass the parcel .
My son will be 8 . He has special needs ( autism /adhd and Ld)
If all the children come and bring siblings there will be a max of 30 children . I’m hoping not all come so less busy . We have exclusive use of soft play area .

With pass the parcel I imagine not all children will join in . I’m wondering how many layers would be best to go for? I obviously can’t do 30 lol
I’m thinking perhaps 5 layers with sweet/ chocolate on each layer then a bag of sweets at end for those who didn’t unwrap a layer ?

OP’s posts: |
Lumene Sun 17-Feb-19 20:13:29

I would plan for everyone to want to join in. You could do two parcels? Newspaper or tissue paper is good for thin layers

starsparkle08 Sun 17-Feb-19 20:26:56

Some of the children won’t grasp concept of the game as have very severe Learning difficulties . All of the children are easily distracted . So was thinking to try and keep it fairly short to fit with their attention spans

OP’s posts: |
cheercaptain Sat 23-Feb-19 22:02:07

I personally won't do pass the parcel at a party with 30 kids. If you really want to do this game, then perhaps have a box filled with 30 items e.g small bags of sweet/funsize choc/mini bubbles (could be something you would have put in party bags); wrap box 5 times as you mentioned but each of the layers asks the kids to do an activity e.g raise hands, jump 5 times whatever you fancy.....and the final layer they all get one of the items in the box.

Seeline Sat 23-Feb-19 22:10:58

With that number of children definitely have 2 or 3 parcels. If they can cope with it, the parcels can all go round the same circle. If the children might get confused/overwhelmed then have separate smaller circles. I assume you will have several adults to help under the circumstances.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »