Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Advice on choosing a present?

(10 Posts)
PrettyCandles Wed 04-Jul-07 22:29:41

What birthday present would you suggest for a 5yo who's family will shortly be leaving the UK to return to her parents' country? I imagine they'll have masses of packing and stuff to ship (or may already have shipped and will be travelling with suitcases). The party is on Saturday - rather last-minute - so no time to prepare anything particularly personal.

PrettyCandles Wed 04-Jul-07 22:30:14

who's

NikkiBFG Wed 04-Jul-07 22:30:48

Which country will he/she be going back to? That could shape the present idea a bit more....

PrettyCandles Wed 04-Jul-07 22:36:18

Singapore, I think.

essbeehindyou Wed 04-Jul-07 22:42:20

Message withdrawn

essbeehindyou Wed 04-Jul-07 22:42:45

Message withdrawn

NikkiBFG Wed 04-Jul-07 22:42:50

Mmm....tough one....

Oooh I know, what about one of those lovely little wheelie suitcases you can get for little girls now - with cats on etc...then she can have a little wheel on bag for the journey for her toys etc and will feel all grown up and important while travelling

PrettyCandles Wed 04-Jul-07 22:55:24

I love the idea of bath crayons etc. Not to young for a 5yo? (What am I saying?! My nearly 7yo would love bath crayons!)

What about a backup suggestion in case Woolies don't have that?

Debbiethemum Wed 04-Jul-07 22:59:44

I think this is the perfect excuse to put a £5 note in a card. With the message to buy a toy for the plane journey or a new toy in Singapore.
The parents will love you and in this scenario it is the most thoughtful present.

essbeehindyou Wed 04-Jul-07 23:25:52

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now