Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Party bags for 11 year olds?

(11 Posts)
Thunderpants Wed 04-Jul-07 15:00:50

DD will be 11 soon and is having a disco/party in the local village hall. As there will be about 30 children do I do party bags? I'm thinking she's probably a bit old for this sort of thing, but would like to give them a little something to take home. A piece of cake and ......? Any advice much appreciated.

MrsBadger Wed 04-Jul-07 15:01:37

I wouldn't bother
what does DD think?

doughnuts Wed 04-Jul-07 15:02:45

maybe something glittery from Claires ?

GameGirly Wed 04-Jul-07 15:08:17

Anything from Claires, soaps, nail varnish, bubble bath, funky pens. And they're never too old for a few sweets or chocolate!

caireen Wed 04-Jul-07 19:29:28

eatyourwords.com personalised chocolate bars. Can put your childs name and age on front and thankyou message on back.

lilolilmanchester Wed 04-Jul-07 20:01:27

I did party bags right through primary, then put a stop to it. We had a mix of boys and girls, and didn't have time to look for different things for both. I bought cartridge pens from Partners as they were on 2-for-1 special offer so c. 75p each, a poppapoint pencil and poppapoint rubber, plus chocolate bars & a bit of cake. Apparently they thought they were really cool. Came to c. a pound (sorry pound sign not working on keyboard) each, but that was 3 years ago.

Thunderpants Tue 17-Jul-07 16:02:37

Thanks for all the suggestions. Think I'll probably do a giant cake and hope they'll be happy with a big piece of that to take home!

cornsilk Tue 17-Jul-07 16:10:04

I give out lucky bags and a piece of cake now.

bundle Tue 17-Jul-07 16:11:01

woolies has little notebooks with flowery cover for 50p, i gave those plus a pen that lit up (50p in sale in paperchase)

Thunderpants Tue 17-Jul-07 19:58:20

They sound good, but with approx 35 children coming (boys and girls) it's hard to know how many of each to get and also it's going to be a bit pricey!

filchthemildmanneredjanitor Tue 17-Jul-07 19:59:32

i wouldn't do partybags for an 11 year old.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now