Talk

Advanced search

Summer birthday party (turning 5yrs old) ideas

(6 Posts)
Mosurgia Fri 08-Feb-19 22:51:01

Hello,
My daughter is turning 5 in July this year. I know it’s a little earlier but I have rented a big garden and I am trying to figure out which activities to organise.

Does anyone have any idea? Thank you!

OP’s posts: |
GlowWine Fri 08-Feb-19 23:02:57

When my kids were that age (both girls) we've had themed garden parties with themed party games, always ending with a simple treasure hunt to find the chest of party bags. Making sure they had to run up and down the garden several times till they retrieved the last (simple!) clue. Always had mixed parties max 8-10 kids, themes were safari/wild animals, pirates, wizards and witches, pizza (including make your own), jigsaw puzzle (don't ask!). Google will be your friend, but variations on 'pin the X on the Y' went down well, the pirates had to walk the plank (type 'whats the time Mr Wolf), the explores mimed and guessed wild animals (lots of noise!), and some random free play worked well too (we had a climbing frame with a slide).

partyteddies Sat 23-Feb-19 17:58:41

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Mosurgia Sat 23-Feb-19 18:53:43

GlowWine thank you! Love your ideas. They sound like a lot of work (for me) but love them. Thanks again.

OP’s posts: |
ManrajWalia Sat 30-Mar-19 06:17:39

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

cheercaptain Sun 31-Mar-19 19:25:07

I would suggest traditional games matched to your theme. Zero or low cost activities such as the treausure hunt, pin the x on y that PP mentioned plus pass the parcel; hot potato; simon says; freeze dance; keep up the balloon; musical chairs/bumps; three legged race etc......its summer and its a garden so make the best of both. Happy Planning and I hope it all goes better than planned.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »