Talk

Advanced search

Birthday party without food?

(11 Posts)
AmberR12 Sat 26-Jan-19 15:35:32

Hi

My daughter wants a party at lush for her 7th birthday but they don't have food there. It's for an hour and a half. From 4.30 till 6 On a Friday. Do you think it will be ok for me to write on the invites that there will be no food and to give your child a snack to tide them over? There's no McDonalds or pizza hut nearby that I could take them to after otherwise I would. Would you expect food?

OP’s posts: |
BackforGood Sat 26-Jan-19 20:42:07

I don't really think you can have a party from 4.30 - 6 on a Friday, after school, at the end of the week for a bunch of 6 and 7 yr olds and not feed them, no.

Well, I mean, obviously, you can do what you want, but I don't think it is a good idea.
Yes, I do think you need to feed them.

Just for my nosiness - what are Lush going to do with a bunch of 6 and 7 yr olds for 90mins at a time when they are usually their most irritable quite tired ?

greendale17 Sat 26-Jan-19 20:44:47

You need to provide food somehow

SoftSheen Sat 26-Jan-19 20:44:55

At that time, with 7 year olds, you will most definitely need to provide food! shock

C0untDucku1a Sat 26-Jan-19 20:50:49

So they go almost straight after school and get home what?? 6.30?? That is way too long to go without food.

converseandjeans Sat 26-Jan-19 20:55:03

I always found Friday good time to do party & think people on MN can get a bit obsessed with providing food. But on this occasion I would agree you need food. My suggestion would be to buy some of those paper picnic bags and put roll, crisps, kit kat - that sort of thing. Also carton of squash. Sounds great fun x

InDubiousBattle Sat 26-Jan-19 20:58:10

You need to do food. Sorry!

Fiddie Sat 26-Jan-19 21:04:48

Can you buy happy meals after or something?

ZipityFlippity Sat 26-Jan-19 21:19:05

Couldn't you take a packed tea with sandwiches, drink cartons, crisps, cup cakes etc?

Bellabutterfly2016 Sat 26-Jan-19 21:29:36

I know someone who did a lush party and ordered pizzas to the shop including some for staff (to keep them sweet) and took fruit shoots and a cake, paper plates, napkins etc - problem solved!

Florries Sat 26-Jan-19 21:46:58

Order pizzas to be delivered or look on 'just eat' to see what takeaways will deliver there eg. Burger and chips? Do you have diliveroo? They'd deliver McDonald's.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »