Talk

Advanced search

12th birthday party ideas - he wants Elmo

(6 Posts)
PenguinPandas Mon 17-Dec-18 02:39:30

Got a boy turning 12 soon with ASD. Going through ideas and he was rejecting them all and he's finally came to me and said he wants Elmo.
As is Sesame Street Elmo that's aimed at toddlers.

My DD says this will be OK as many teenagers worship Elmo? Is this right? Don't want him teased but would be nice for him to have what he wants. He said no to sleepover but wants afternoon with friends. Thanks for any ideas.

OP’s posts: |
Ricekrispie22 Mon 17-Dec-18 06:43:57

Not many 12yos seem to have themed birthday parties. How would you make It themed for that age?

PenguinPandas Mon 17-Dec-18 09:33:27

That's what I thought. I am not sure how you would theme other than cakes and cookies - when he was 7 or 8 I did Minions bowling where everyone went bowling dressed as a Minion or with a Minion toy and that went fine but he will be 12. Atm just told couple of his friends and they will be fine with whatever but wanted to invite people from his new school. Though maybe he could do 2 events and different one for new school.

Ricekrispie22 Mon 17-Dec-18 18:14:57

If you're mixing friendship groups who have never met each other before, how about taking them all to see a film? It reduces the risk of any awkward social issues.

DonkeysEars Mon 17-Dec-18 18:16:43

I'd stay away from a theme.

Take them bowling and for pizza.

Then at home, with just the family do him an Elmo cake.

PenguinPandas Thu 20-Dec-18 23:15:47

Thanks very much. Discussed it further with him and seems to want Elmo more than he wants guests so will just do a little party with his 2 old friends who know all about his teddies. Might take them to cinema and bowling as well. Or let him take some new friends to cinema later. He can't eat cheese so doesn't eat pizza but bowling place does food he eats which works.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »