Talk

Advanced search

Is anyone having a baby shower?

(5 Posts)
amyem Sun 16-Dec-18 08:39:51

Hi,

Just curious as to whether anyone is having a baby shower and, if so did you organise it yourself or is something else doing it for you/was it a surprise?

I didn't realise this was a thing in the UK I always assumed it was more of an American thing but they seem to be rising in popularity!

OP’s posts: |
howonearthdoyoucopewith3 Sun 16-Dec-18 08:41:12

I didn't - I think it's an excuse for getting presents and in my experience presents usually come after the baby is born!

howonearthdoyoucopewith3 Sun 16-Dec-18 08:41:58

I did go away with DH before the babies were born, but nothing that put anyone else to any expense.

amyem Sun 16-Dec-18 08:45:13

@howonearthdoyoucopewith3 I know what you mean, a couple of my friends have either had them or been to them recently and keep asking about me having one - the thought never even crossed my mind!

OP’s posts: |
harrypotterfan1604 Sun 16-Dec-18 08:52:30

I really didn’t like the idea of having a baby shower but some friends were mithering me too so I decided to arrange an afternoon tea With all my close friends, 10 of us all together. I insisted that it was just afternoon tea but a few friends bought decorations and a few little bit not OTT games. I also insisted on no gifts because I think it’s a bit cheeky but they all got small little gifts anyway. It really was a lovely afternoon filled with cake and laughter and catching up with good friends

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »