Talk

Advanced search

1st birthday and no guests

(4 Posts)
Mk1234 Tue 20-Nov-18 22:07:55

Its LOs first birthday and it will just be the 3 of us, me baby and husband. We dont really have family, we have moved too, so dont have any friends either. Tbh were just quite reserved anyway... i wanted to have a special day but cant really think of anything. I will get cake and balloons and decorations but i wanted to make his day enjoyable wanted to do something with him but dont know what, any ideas??

melissagabrielle Tue 20-Nov-18 22:10:36

Could you start a tradition, like pancakes for breakfast or a present treasure hunt? Or maybe go for a new experience like a trip to a farm or The Science Museum or somewhere you'd not normally go?

sittingonacornflake Tue 20-Nov-18 22:15:30

What about swimming or soft play or an aquarium to look at the funky fish or something?

DrWashout Sun 25-Nov-18 01:43:26

Both of ours had a meal out at a pizza place and a trip to an aquarium on their first birthdays.

You could do a little party tea with sandwiches, little crispy things, biscuits and of course a cake.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »