Talk

Advanced search

'Big -0' birthday... how to make party go well?

(4 Posts)
sparkleandsleep Tue 06-Nov-18 19:35:50

Planning a 'big birthday party for around 50 people and would really love some ideas to make it stand out and make people feel welcome and/ or entertained!
So far I've got a DJ with small dance floor and will do our own buffet so will have 6-8 tables with something pretty on it.
I'd love some ideas for extras I could do... don't like the sweet cart idea but anything along these lines would be brilliant. We've had a really rotten few months and I just want something lovely to look forward to and know my nearest and dearest have had the best time possible too 
Any ideas would be much appreciated!

OP’s posts: |
SongforSal Tue 06-Nov-18 19:56:50

Hire a waiter/waitress for the evening to keep the drinks flowing, clearing the tables etc. Keep it fun with a bowl on each table with mini games like a rubix cube, mini connect 4, snap, brain teasers. Put them out whilst the wine is flowing and people will take them as gifts, or play with them. smile

sparkleandsleep Tue 06-Nov-18 20:23:25

That's a great idea, thank you.

OP’s posts: |
Naturalspirit82 Fri 09-Nov-18 23:05:10

A little quiz? Country dancing (I’m thinking Gavin and Stacey Stacey’s mums party!) more importantly : toffee vodka shots!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »