Talk

Advanced search

Whole year party or a select few?

(8 Posts)
Countrylifemama Tue 16-Oct-18 22:20:24

Hi

So was looking for some advice sons birthday is next month

I'm unsure whether to invite the whole reception year (as the parents have done for the kids with birthdays so far). Or is it ok to invite a select few who my son plays with? We have 10-12 friends outside of school we would invite, inviting the year would be 45 plus those 10.

Looking at hiring a hall with entertainer, so technically there's no cap but entertainer will charge more if there's more than 35... Will i be judged... WWYD?

OP’s posts: |
bluetrampolines Tue 16-Oct-18 22:23:58

Either 1 or 2 select friends. All girls. All boys. Or everyone.

cheaperthebetter Tue 16-Oct-18 22:30:26

What's the likely hood of all 35 children in reception turning up?
So far other people have invited them all , how many turned up?

Countrylifemama Tue 16-Oct-18 22:35:11

Cheaperthebetter, I have no idea as the parties haven't happened yet and not sure if all 45 would turn up but then again even if 35 did we have another 10 friends we would like to invite that are outside school... So currently confused X

bluetrampolines Tue 16-Oct-18 22:54:30

I don't understand what is confusing?

BackforGood Tue 16-Oct-18 23:17:52

I would ask him who he would like to invite.
Ask him for about 6 or 7 people he is friendly with.
With the other 12, that is more than enough for you to look after in one go. Gets overwhelming otherwise.

Countrylifemama Tue 16-Oct-18 23:20:49

Whether to invite the year or just a few... X

bluetrampolines Wed 17-Oct-18 08:42:37

The worry of leaving some people out and offending them will be worse than just inviting everyone. And some at least wont go. I did all this witj my eldest and this year hes having 4 friends for a house party. I think it is a mummy box that needs ticked.

How else can we help? You have a lot to organise!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »