Halloween party ideas for 13 year old DD very gratefully recieved

(6 Posts)
mckenzie Tue 09-Oct-18 20:20:50

They're too old for apple bobbing and stick the tail on the donkey smile and DD is planning on music via Sonos and dancing and 'hanging out'.

But any ideas for quirky things, decorations, anything really... very gratefully received.
I'm the least creative person I know but I would like to try and make it a special party for DD.

TIA

OP’s posts: |
mckenzie Wed 10-Oct-18 13:51:11

Bump

Pawprintjoy Wed 10-Oct-18 17:34:40

Get in some coloured drinks (blood red, green, anything bright) and some plastic cups and glasses cheap Halloween decorations (Poundland is your best friend for this) and fairy lights, a pumpkin outside to greet them as they enter the party. Bowls filled with themed candy and snacks seem to go down great at things like this. If you’re looking for activities they could do pumpkin carving or a horror movie towards the end of the party usually works well (you may want to tell any parents what movie they’ll be watching before so you don’t end up with complaints about the movie being innaproppriate for their dc as some parents are abit funny about that)
Good luck with the party they’ll enjoy it xx

mckenzie Wed 10-Oct-18 17:56:32

thank you pawprint; I'm loving the coloured drinks idea (DD is a grenadine fan smile).

I guess I'm going to have to do the rubbish sweets aren't I?
Carrot sticks and cheese and pineapple just aren't going to be allowed any more are they? grin
I think DD doesn't want activities.
I feel though that the house needs to be Halloween themed but my purse/bank account doesn't want to play ball as it will all be one track pony purchases.
I'm up for making things though as we have the time

Whatsmymethod Wed 10-Oct-18 17:57:10

Do you have an empty frame that you could paint black? Decorate it with some cobweb or similar. Add some cheap dress up 'props' and they could take fun photo's.

mckenzie Wed 10-Oct-18 18:08:24

great idea too whatsmymethod. I'm sure that I can find something to make a frame out of.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in