Talk

Advanced search

Those special extras

(6 Posts)
SGIB14 Fri 14-Sep-18 15:44:03

My son and I have had a pretty tough year so he will be 4 soon and I just want to make his birthday as special as I can. Not necessarily about spending a fortune as he's having a party etc I'm just wondering if people have cute ideas to make it all that bit more special

OP’s posts: |
sleepismysuperpower1 Fri 14-Sep-18 18:28:36

you could make him a crown out of yellow card, and call him a 'birthday prince.' and then let him choose what to have for breakfast lunch and dinner. xx

halesie Fri 14-Sep-18 20:07:45

Love the birthday prince idea!

My DC love a piñata, you can get eg treasure chest ones and put chocolate coins in. Not telling the birthday child about it before the party is a nice way to surprise them. Or a balloon drop?

Or a birthday trip of his choice eg to the cinema or a farm park?

longtompot Fri 14-Sep-18 20:22:16

As many balloons as you can afford, all over the floor and hanging from everywhere you can.
If he is already having a party, is it on the same day? If a different day then on his actual bday, do something fun, just the two of you.
His favourite cake with candles and sparklers.
Watch his favourite film or tv show.

SGIB14 Sat 15-Sep-18 08:19:43

Ooh I love them ideas. His party is on his actual birthday so that makes things easier. Definitely going to do the balloon thing. I might fill his room while he's asleep haha

OP’s posts: |
ManicGirl Sat 22-Sep-18 19:30:03

Not sure if this is too late but another balloon idea is to fill a massive box with helium balloons and wrap it up. The bigger the better. Then leave it for him to find in the morning.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »