Talk

Advanced search

WWYD - 6th Birthday Party

(5 Posts)
magicroundabouts Mon 26-Feb-18 20:17:36

DS1 wants a animal experience party for his 6th birthday and the only time the company can do on the date is 5pm!!!

Would a late party 5pm -7pm work? Thinking entertainment, then food & cake, free play/park and home. Party will be at ours and the children coming will all be from the same village, but date is a Sunday, so not great for school the next day.

Other option party between 4pm - 6.15pm. Meet at the park opposite our house, let kids play for 45 minutes, back home for food, then entertainment (1 hour), cake and home. DS wants the cake to be cut and eaten at the party (I have been told this is very important!) so I guess this will take 10 mins or so. Will this work?

Argh - I don't know what to do. Any thoughts? (I am probably over thinking this 😁😀)

OP’s posts: |
anothersuitcase Mon 26-Feb-18 20:21:26

Couldn't you do everything else first? I personally would not try and squeeze in the park if you have entertainment booked lasting one hour. I would have the party 4 until 6. Some will be late anyway, do the food at 4.30 follower by cutting and eating if the cake. Then the entertainment arrives for an hour and it's all over!

Hellywelly10 Mon 26-Feb-18 20:37:32

7pm sounds a bit late tbh. Could disrupt bedtime for younger siblings. However personally I wouldnt mind.

mumsypig14 Mon 26-Feb-18 20:39:57

7pm finish is too late for 6 year olds.

magicroundabouts Mon 26-Feb-18 21:06:04

Hmm, 7pm is probably a bit too late.

Doing everything else before the entertainment is a good idea. Think I am in danger of making this more complicated than it needs to be!

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »