Talk

Advanced search

9 year old DS wants a party at home

(7 Posts)
catweasel44 Mon 05-Feb-18 20:34:01

Help!

5 friends in half term. Weather could be awful.

What can we do that will them entertained?

We're a bit tight on cash so can't afford bowling or trampolining but our house isn't big enough for 6 of them to run riot.

catweasel44 Tue 06-Feb-18 14:54:59

Does this mean it's a terrible idea!

Rylanmakesmyheartsmile Tue 06-Feb-18 15:06:55

How about a home-movie experience.

- Choose a film
- If possible have some kind of activity which matches the theme of the movie to do when they arrive
- Provide food - pizza or burgers or hotdogs or chips - something they can scoff quickly on paper plates
- Set up a cinema snack bar with popcorn, ice-cream, sweets and drinks and let them choose what they want
- Sit them down to watch the movie
- Home time

catweasel44 Tue 06-Feb-18 16:06:40

That sounds a great idea.

It would need to be something they weren't overly familiar with but would like. I'll have a look what new DVDs are out.

DS loves Harry Potter but his friend had a HP party recently and it will be the same children. That was in the garden though.

Rylanmakesmyheartsmile Tue 06-Feb-18 16:53:15

Alternative to new movies is to go old-school. Mighty Ducks and Cool Runnings are big favourites of my DC who range from 7-13. They've all been watching them since they were about 6.

The only scene in Cool Runnings with any kind of dodgy language is when Yul gets Junior to repeat "I'm a bad ass mother who don't take no crap off of nobody"

Mighty Ducks has a couple of instances of not so great language - think there's a "bastard" in there somewhere early on and maybe a couple of others.

Depends on how you feel about that.

Cool Runnings would be very topical however with the Winter Olympics about to start in S.Korea!

Ricekrispie22 Tue 06-Feb-18 17:30:18

Make pizzas
But some fabric pens and cheap white T-shirts for them to design
Make a homemade blow-football table (see picture)

catweasel44 Wed 07-Feb-18 13:48:26

Great idea. He would love that.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: