Talk

Advanced search

Birthday party - does it have to be after the actual birthday?

(5 Posts)
GoodluckJonathan76 Fri 26-Jan-18 11:05:34

Planning DS's 10th birthday party. For obvious reasons it's easier to have his party at the weekend. We usually pick the weekend before as his birthday coincides with Easter and the end of term and lots of people aren't around that weekend. However, DH and DSS and DSD always have their parties on the weekend after the actual birthday, or even weeks later as they don't think it's right to have the party before the actual birthday. Have I been doing it wrong all these years?? Ideally we would have it after but hardly anyone would come so we would have to wait for 2-3 weeks later until term re-starts. Any views?

OP’s posts: |
HunterHearstHelmsley Fri 26-Jan-18 11:09:14

It's fine to have it before confused

ArcheryAnnie Fri 26-Jan-18 11:35:09

I've never heard of any restrictions as to when you can have a birthday party! Plan it to suit yourselves.

llangennith Fri 26-Jan-18 17:06:09

Really doesn’t matter whether it’s before or after. One of my DC’s Birthday was in the summer holidays so we always had her party the last week of the summer term.

Thistlebelle Fri 26-Jan-18 17:09:14

Your DP and his children can do whatever they like but planning your child’s party for the most convenient day is perfectly normal and perfectly acceptable.

I have a friend whose child’s birth is in the middle of the summer holidays so they have her party a month before. I’ve never heard anyone say anything other than “what a good idea”.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »