Talk

Advanced search

Are professional cakes worth it?

(3 Posts)
wejammin Wed 17-Jan-18 15:35:45

My son is having a class party for his 6th birthday, so 30 kids plus his sister and 4 family friend's kids.

I've always made my children's birthday cakes but never for that many children, we've only ever had tea parties at home. He wants an Avengers cake. I thought it would be less hassle to get one made so I've got some quotes and we're looking at £60.

It has to be dairy free so supermarket ones are mostly out, plus the amount of additives in them is scary.

Would you pay £60 for the limited hassle of someone else doing it or have a go yourself? I could do a big rectangle cake and get some little figures to go on it but I feel like the pressure would be high!

OP’s posts: |
thethoughtfox Wed 17-Jan-18 17:40:10

If you can afford it, do it. Will be impressive and stop you sweating and getting stressed out in the kitchen.

PandaG Wed 17-Jan-18 17:42:47

Big rectangle cake and stick figures on the top all the way. Or, batch of buns and buy sugar paper cake toppers from eBay to decorate

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »