Talk

Advanced search

5th birthday party - length of time to book entertainer for

(4 Posts)
FrayedHem Sun 03-Dec-17 13:39:54

Is 2hrs too long to have an entertainer for a 5th birthday? The entertainment is a mixture of magic, balloon modelling, games and disco. DH thinks booking for 1.5hrs is more sensible. Having the party in a hall which we will be hiring for 4hrs so won't be against the clock to tidy up after. Also, how long before the entertainer is due to start would you have the guests arrive?

Ricekrispie22 Mon 04-Dec-17 06:57:02

I'd have the entertainer organise some games from the minute the guests start arriving. I'd say 1.5 hrs for entertainer, then food for half an hour, then another half hour of calming games like sleeping lions, pass the parcel before hometime.

ItMustBeBedtimeSurely Mon 04-Dec-17 07:01:44

2 hours is perfect for a 5th birthday party, I wouldn't recommend trying to make it longer. So either book entertainer for 1.5 hours and then do food, or book for 2 and get them to stop for 20 mins for food in the 2nd hour.

FrayedHem Mon 04-Dec-17 19:30:13

Thanks for the replies. I desperately want to avoid doing any games myself which is why we're going for the entertainer! 1.5hrs seems the sensible amount of time so I think we'll go with that then food after.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now