Party bag ideas HELP ! Need to order TODAY !

(6 Posts)
pickyourselfupandtryagain Tue 28-Nov-17 10:29:35

Hey all,

Left it to the last minute to order DS party bags for his party ! Will need to order today !

DS, soon to be 8, will be having a swimming pool party. I really don’t want to spend money on rubbish plastic toys.... but would like to give DS friends a party bag of some sort to say thanks for attending.

I was thinking of getting a child a large magic bubble wand.... but thought it’s a little bit childish (but my DS loves bubbles).

A party bag containing ;

1. Magic bouncy putty
2. Bouncy large balloons
3. Sea animals grow in the water
4. Tattoos
5. A lollipop and a cake

What can I get for DS classmates... would a cake or biscuits be fine ?

OP’s posts: |
BrieAndChilli Tue 28-Nov-17 10:32:45

Swimming bag
Inflatable ring/animal
Goggles
Water guns

SandLand Tue 28-Nov-17 10:36:46

Water pistol for use in the party, which they then take home with them.

squishysquirmy Tue 28-Nov-17 20:55:00

I personally think that a party bag containing one (or 2 ) nice items they'd actually use, plus cake and sweets, is better than a bag stuffed full of disposable tat. Quality over quantity!
I think what you've suggested sounds fine - it is quite a lot if you are going to put it all in (maybe I'm just mean), and a water gun is a great suggestion too.

For classmates cake and biscuits sounds fine too (unless you are loaded and want to be very generous).

BluebirdHill Tue 28-Nov-17 20:59:00

Those sound fine to me and my DS is a similar age. I find the multi packs of fun size Mars bars and so on are good for party bags - Asda has them.

traviata Tue 28-Nov-17 21:07:02

book and sweets, piece of cake if you can be bothered.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in