Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

1st Birthday Party

(3 Posts)
Huggybear16 Fri 20-Oct-17 13:16:45

It's my son's first birthday in a couple of weeks and I want to have a small birthday party at home. I'm a first time mum and a single parent so I've got no help with organising and don't really know much about what kids parties are these days! Does anyone have any suggestions about what to buy, activities, etc. for a party of around 8 adults and 8 children (aged 6 months - 2 years)? I don't know where to start....

MrsOverTheRoad Fri 20-Oct-17 15:07:38

Well at two years old and under, activities aren't really needed...I'd get a load of balloons, blow them up loads of them...and scatter them around. Toddlers and babies love to play with them and will do so for ages.

Put anything precious away so nothing gets broken!

They're too small to play pass the parcel or anything but you can always put some music on and dance with them...keep things short...that's a LOT of toddlers and babies in one house! grin

For food, again keep it simple...ham rolls, cheese rolls...plain rolls...about two per person. Crisps or puffs which younger ones can eat...some mini sausages or pizza slices...some fairy cakes or muffins, a bowl of chopped up fruit, cherry tomatoes and cucumber and a birthday cake.

Let the adults know the food's for everyone and keep the tea coming. Also...make it clear on the invitations what time party starts and ends.

Huggybear16 Fri 20-Oct-17 16:16:42

Thanks Mrs....I'm inviting 8+8 but I imagine not everyone will come along. It's on a weekday so some will have work, etc. Mainly just family so won't be going OTT, but just wanted to mark the occasion as it's been a bit of a rubbish year. Glad I won't need to do activities, I'm pretty imagination limited! I was going to get one of those big A-Z puzzle floor mats(they cover almost the whole living room floor) and put out toys etc. Fab idea about a finish time, didn't even think of that. I was going to have everyone over at 12, so perhaps put 2pm?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now