Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Do you chase up non RSvPs?

(6 Posts)
eastwest Fri 09-Jun-17 20:41:02

Just wondering. Have sent out invitations for a 5th birthday party, but haven't heard back from a few people. The invitations went out just before half term and I think it's quite possible that they could have got lost (they went home with the kids in school bags) so I wondered if I ought to try and contact the parents who haven't answered and ask if they have got them. I have phone numbers for a couple but not all. I don't want them to think they've just not been invited, esp as we have been to some of their own bday parties, but equally don't want to make them feel pressurised into coming if they are just hoping to avoid it! smile

yaela123 Sat 17-Jun-17 15:41:44

I would say if they are close friends/it's not a very big party then yes but otherwise not.

OhTheRoses Sat 17-Jun-17 15:46:54

Yes of course it's fine. Reply please. They haven't. Extremely rude if they have the invitation. If they haven't their dc may be disappointed.

VerityHabitat Sat 17-Jun-17 15:48:21

Yes, of course, especially if the invitations went home with the children.

whosafraidofabigduckfart Sat 17-Jun-17 15:52:25

For a kids birthday I chase up with parents if I have their phone no's as my dc's have lost invitations in the past. Also my dd's birthday is just after a mid-term.

I hate people turning up who haven't rsvped

Nicpem1982 Tue 27-Jun-17 20:39:47

I'd chase up also from the other point of view I'd appreciate a parent chasing me if I'd not rsvpd to avoid disappointment for my dd of the invitation had gone astray

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now