Talk

Advanced search

How long should I allow for party including this?

(3 Posts)
lloupey Fri 10-Mar-17 10:28:57

I think I am overcompensating for not being able to stretch to entertainers/activities! So have promised my 7 year old t shirt decorating followed by disco then movie at home. Going to do craft outside weather permitting then disco inside in one room and movie projected onto sitting room wall. It's going to be ten kids including my own, how long do you think I need to allocate as never done the the craft bit before, the thought of longer than two hours is slightly filling me with horror ! Any tips on the t shirt decorating would also be great.

BackforGood Fri 10-Mar-17 23:05:15

2 hours is PLENTY long enough for a party in your house or anywhere else. You will then need to entertain them for about an hour and a half.

SpaceDinosaur Fri 10-Mar-17 23:25:16

2 hours
Outside. Get white bin liners and fashion aprons for the kids (cut holes in them for head and arms)
Give each child a piece of paper with the outline of a tshirt on it to design their art project (5-10 min)
Give out the Tshirts (I'd recommend white extra value ones) and, here's the trick, insert card in each one to stop decorating going through to the back.
Amazon have some fab double ended fabric pens. You can get a large set of millions of colours for about £20 but it will stain their clothes (hence the bin liners)

Lights and music going (again, you can get a cheap led light projector from Amazon- where most of my shopping is done) so the children can go into the disco as and when they finish their tshirts.
Perhaps hang each tshirt up so they're all "displayed"?
Then time the film so that they all sit down
You dispense their "cinema box" (birthday tea) so drink, sandwich, popcorn etc etc and the film ends just after the time you expect the parents. (By about 5 min)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now