Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Whole class Reception party?

(11 Posts)
MidnightPanda Tue 14-Feb-17 23:29:04

Anybody had a whole class party? how many classmates actually turned up?

leccybill Tue 14-Feb-17 23:32:55

Yeah it was 'tradition' in our school to do the whole class one in Reception. I think DD went to 26 parties that year....

Everyone turned up other than those ill or on holiday.

AppleMagic Tue 14-Feb-17 23:36:05

Yep. Everyone turned up because the venue insisted parents didn't stay due to lack of space grin.

MidnightPanda Tue 14-Feb-17 23:37:10

Wowsers! That's a lot of parties smile
DS has been invited to 2 parties since starting in September.

Im so worried most won't show.

leccybill Tue 14-Feb-17 23:38:25

Why would they not? Kids love parties.

MidnightPanda Tue 14-Feb-17 23:42:03

gringrin That's great Apple! Haha I hope for a similar turnout, as we don't have any family coming, and we don't know too many people in the area

MidnightPanda Tue 14-Feb-17 23:44:44

I'm just worried as I hardly speak to any of the parents at the school, and it's my first time doing a big party, don't want it to be a fail for DS

Ellieboolou27 Tue 14-Feb-17 23:49:39

I think a lot of us mums think the same, we worry that they will be no shows, especially since you mention you don't get to speak to many of the mums, is in the same boat but dd who's in reception has been to two parties and I'd never met the mum smile
Most parents jump at the chance for their kids to be fed and entertained at no cost bar a party gift so I wouldn't worry about too many no shows grin

NotCitrus Wed 15-Feb-17 00:10:50

Did one recently. Got half the class plus a few other kids. No-one turned up who hadn't said, and I think all the people who said, did. The rest didnt reply. About 2/3 the parents stayed, which meant I didn't have to worry about a suddenly-shy 4yo forgetting their English.

MidnightPanda Fri 17-Feb-17 14:24:52

Thank's everyone grin

londonpia Fri 17-Feb-17 14:31:27

My son has four all class parties to go to in a month! Don't worry about them not coming because they don't talk to you- the first party we went to, we didn't know the birthday boys parents (they work ft so the gp pick up).

We had a home party for DS - it would have been easier to do a hall/catering/entertainment but I loved parties at home as a kid

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now