Talk

Advanced search

Entertainers in the Oxfordshire area

(15 Posts)

Anyone used an entertainer they could recommend? We have my dd's 6th birthday coming up in April and she wants a magician or similar...
Thanks

Elasticwoman Fri 23-Feb-07 09:25:17

I recommend Magic Martin. Uses real rabbits.
Used him about 5 years ago, can't remember contact details, you'll have to google.

hewlettsdaughter Fri 23-Feb-07 09:29:52

This bloke is very good - though his webpage seems to have changed since I last looked (less emphasis on kids' parties).

That guy is booked hewlettsdaughter Have seen him before at a friends party and thought he was v good too...

hewlettsdaughter Fri 23-Feb-07 09:36:47

Oh bad luck

Not sure who else to suggest - if I knew who they had at ds' nursery once I could at least tell you who to avoid! (he was awful - unable to cope with small children not concentrating, getting up in middle of performance etc - he got really ratty).

Oh dear! Don't want to end up with him! We used Jonnie's (the guy that you linked to)brother last year and he was great but he seems to have been at lots of parties over the past year so I didn't necessarily want the same again....I'm worried that I may have left it too late to find anyone who's free...

JackieNo Fri 23-Feb-07 09:42:00

I was going to recommend Jonnie too - but he does tend to get a bit booked up. Will think...

JackieNo Fri 23-Feb-07 09:43:24

We had Dizzy Dean at the nursery bbq a year or 2 ago, and he was pretty good.

harpsichordcarrier Fri 23-Feb-07 09:44:40

I am slightly alarmed that Dizzy Dean can't spell his own town

JackieNo Fri 23-Feb-07 09:45:32

Yes - me too, Harpsi. But he's better at the magic, honestly.

harpsichordcarrier Fri 23-Feb-07 09:46:35

animal magic pony parties

lol, yes, Wallinford!! Doesn't start things off under a good impression! I'll have to tell him if I book him - can't bear things like that!
Where do they dream up their names?!

bumping just in case anyone else has any recommendations....

squidette Fri 23-Feb-07 12:18:06

this guy is fab - he did a grown up 'murder' party i went to a couple of years ago as the host's treat, and we were all stunned with his close-up. He does children parties too.

dorathesnorer Fri 23-Feb-07 14:59:25

http://www.4smartiepants.co.uk/Smartiepantstheclown.htm

Have had smartiepants twice, for both my dd's parties - she is fab!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now