Talk

Advanced search

Sleepover for 8/9 year olds

(4 Posts)
NoNamesLeft86 Tue 03-Jan-17 18:38:30

We are having a sleepover in February for approx 5 children (girls) in year 4,so age 8/9
I have 2 year old twin girls so can't do anything too demanding of my attention, although DH will be there to help and the twins will be in bed by 7.30pm ish and will hopefully sleep through the caos.

Just trying to think of some ideas of things to occupy them, they will be coming straight from school, and getting collected around lunchtime on the sat. So I don't want them to get bored.

My daughter isn't quite as "grown up" as her friends so I don't want them to find everything too "babyish" and end up making her feel upset. Would just like to make it memorable for all of them and to have lots of fun!

Are they too old for stuff like Pinatas? We have a wii, so that might kill an hour or 2. And lots of board games etc but not sure if they will end up a bit too excited for those. We will possibly get a take away or just bung some pizzas etc in the oven for dinner, depending on how many come and what the dietary requirements are. And im hoping once they have burnt off a lot of energy they can watch a film with some popcorn before going up to bed.

Any ideas welcome!

NoNamesLeft86 Wed 04-Jan-17 12:09:47

Anyone?

Whitelisbon Wed 04-Jan-17 12:44:29

Craft stuff they can do on their own.
Get plain cheese and tomato pizzas and separate toppings and let them make their own pizzas - one each, your twins can join in with that too.
Plain fairy cakes, icing and sprinkles, put a cheap disposable tablecloth down first.
Couple of new or very old films - 80s films go down well, as they're unlikely to have seen them.
Music for them to dance to.
Let them paint their nails.
Loads of snack food - popcorn, crisps, sweets, fizzy juice, and you're set for the night.
Try to leave them to get on with it as much as possible, obviously keep an eye but don't plan out every second.
Don't expect much sleep.
Good luck, we've had loads of these, dd1 is 14 and still loves it, there's even less sleep nowadays though!

NoNamesLeft86 Wed 04-Jan-17 13:00:17

Thank you! I am glad you said about leaving them to it, as that will certainly work for me, but was worried they would be more used to adult imput - I don't think anybody has more than 1 (all older) sibling.

Good idea with the pizzas and cake decorating. I had thought of making pizzas but hadn't thought about using a ready made plain pizza as a base! Thats a good trick!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now