Advise please

(6 Posts)
littlemissM92 Sat 08-Oct-16 12:16:21

Planning a surprise something for my mums 60th in Feb she is very young in heart soul and body and very active me and dad are thinking about hiring mini bus (20 ppl of nearest and dearest daughters husbands and oldest friends) to go paint balling we are a family who loves doing new things (indoor sky diving, skiing go karting) however my partner thinks it wouldn't be good idea says it really hurts and is quite scary?! Anyone been or have any helpful advise we love doing competitive new things and I really thought we had come up with a great idea aand now worrying oh and to add stop for lunch and couple pints in pubs on way home!

littlemissM92 Sat 08-Oct-16 21:46:27

Anyone

WussyWat Sat 08-Oct-16 21:50:46

It does really bloody hurt, I had a bruise the size of a side plate on the inside of my thigh after getting hit. It's quite a bit scary in the being hunted sense, and there's a lot of running around if you play properly. But you know her best, if you think she's enjoy it then why not!

RaeSkywalker Sat 08-Oct-16 21:56:16

I hated it. It hurts and it scared me!

I'm very fit, active and adventurous (love things like white water rafting), but would never go paint balling again. However, lots of people obviously enjoy it- and you know your DM best.

confuugled1 Sat 08-Oct-16 22:15:47

I have 11yr old ds rather than 60 yr old dm but he's been to several laser tag parties rather than paint balling.

All the fun of racing around playing shoot em up, no bruises or paint.' Bullets' to buy. Win win. He and his mates live it. Locally we have at least 3 outdoor ones and 2 indoor ones. Not sure if they all use the term laser tag or if that just is for one brand but if you google you'll see what is around locally.

littlemissM92 Sat 08-Oct-16 22:26:11

Thanks for replies I rung the paint balling centre today and expressed my concerns and the man said they have 'llow impact paint balls which are a quarter of strength of the normal ones so think gunna go for it but using them?? X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now