Talk

Advanced search

Ideas for 11 year old "tea party" activities

(6 Posts)
LunaLoveg00d Sun 07-Aug-16 09:13:07

Daughter will soon be 11 and she wants to treat her friends to a "posh" afternoon tea party at home. She is planning on doing little sandwiches, scones, cakes etc. Happy to do this for her. I'm sure there will also be some DVD watching and nail painting going on.

Does anyone have any bright ideas for other activities or crafts we could do for around 11 year old girls?

RoseBud2016 Sun 07-Aug-16 09:23:48

Hi,

Lovely theme.

I have a DSD who is also soon to be 11 and she absolutely loves doing arts and crafts so my ideas surround this:

- They could each paint their own teacup and saucer.

- Or if that's too expensive they could do some deco-mache with cardboard objects that match the theme.

-They could make beaded bracelets and necklaces.

-Could you put together a box of funny dress up stuff that they could use and then take selfies? (The sort of stuff you get in a photo booth at a wedding)

LunaLoveg00d Sun 07-Aug-16 09:35:44

Currently browsing the Baker Ross website - lots of little craft kits on there. I think I'm going to keep it pretty simple, maybe one craft activity, tea and then dvd or they can have a disco in her bedroom. It's nice that they're past the age of needing constant entertainment and supervision.

RoseBud2016 Sun 07-Aug-16 09:35:45

Just thought of another one:

- Cake/scone decorating with glitter and icing sugar and balls

And how about some posh tea party-related games (with prizes obviously grinwink) such as who can build the tallest sugar cube tower, tea bag toss (getting the teabags into an open teapot), tea leaf pictionary (creating images using tea leafs on the table top) rather than pen and paper.

They could also play the "Don't show your teeth game that Keith Lemon plays on Celebrity Juice. You give them a category and they have to take it in turns to give an answer but without showing their teeth. Anyone that shows their teeth or repeats an idea is out. It always results in lots of laughter in our house. The last person still in the game wins.

LunaLoveg00d Sun 07-Aug-16 09:47:32

Also contemplating buying her a chocolate fountain. Might get messy.

RevealTheHiddenBeach Sun 07-Aug-16 09:52:58

Some of the baker Ross stuff can be quite childish for 11 yo's. If you Google it I think there's a way you can bake sharpie on to ceramic? So they could all decorate a cheap mug and then you can bake them.

Echo pps idea of a self ie booth, I can't think of a single 11yo I know who wouldn't love that.

Also you could get a paper disposable tablecloth and then they can all draw and colour while they eat and drink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now