Talk

Advanced search

House party tips for 7 year olds

(5 Posts)
justpeachy74 Wed 06-Jul-16 13:34:58

We are having a mini party for my 7yo daughter and 6 of her classmates and I'm looking for tips/ideas to make it fun for them and not too stressful for me and oh. Help!

I'm a bit nervous that they'll be bored. My vague plan is to have an easy activity eg biscuit decorating followed by pass the parcel, some garden games (ideas for this gratefully received!) and perhaps a bit of a mini disco. How does that sound? Please point out any possible pitfalls!

Tia

AlwaysDancing1234 Thu 07-Jul-16 14:46:28

At that age my DS and his friends just loved messing about in the garden. Couple of space hoppers to race, egg and spoon race, musical statues. We also bought a pop up tent cheap in the camping shop sale - they spent aaaaages playing in it!

WhatInTheWorld76 Thu 07-Jul-16 16:46:20

Bubble machine or bubble wand? (Homemade) Pinata from a cereal box or two with truth or dares in it (quickly printed out on computer) Nothing too crazy.

You could have balloon races (through the knees & over the head etc). Apple bobbing with fizzy jelly (always funny for the kids).

If they are sensible what about very well supervised sparklers and a hot dog/burger? Or making a mini camp fire and toasting marshmallows with scrummy hot chocolates?

These ideas might not scream "birthday" but guarantee they'll be memorable for her.

fluttershyby Thu 07-Jul-16 18:25:11

Get a pack of toilet rolls in the pound shop, pair the children up. One of them is the mummy and the other one has to wrap a roll around the mummy as quick as they can.

ceebie Fri 08-Jul-16 14:47:57

Ooh, DD has asked for a house party with around 6 guests for her 7th party! Following with interest.

One idea I had from another party was a cardboard play house or play shop that they can colour in. They're around £15 but should provide some fun...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now