Roller skating party for an 8 year old

(8 Posts)
CountryLovingGirl Sun 05-Jun-16 21:03:33

Ok or not? Are they old enough for a roller skating party? All kids will be 8 or almost 8 (a couple of 12 year olds too).
I am worried they will (a) not like it (b) injure themselves!

blibblibs Sun 05-Jun-16 21:07:21

We've just had a rollerskating party for DD and it was her 7th birthday. No injuries and the kids seemed to love it.

Coldtoeswarmheart Sun 05-Jun-16 21:10:47

Fabulous party idea. DS (7) and DD (3) both skate (DS better than DD, obviously, as she's only just started!) and love it. DS first tried at a skating party, he got the hang of it by the end and was hooked.

Gizlotsmum Sun 05-Jun-16 21:15:06

Dd (8) has been to several and seems to enjoy them despite not being a great skater

iloveredwine Sun 05-Jun-16 21:17:44

My daughter had a roller skating party for her 7th and loved it. Started a trend for all her friends!

voodoolooloo Sun 05-Jun-16 21:18:35

DD 8 had a skating party. They all loved it and it sparked a spate of the same with her friends.
DD 11 had the same ( but the disco night rather than a party) and again loads of friends followed suit.
Out of them all we only had one girl who couldn't skate and didn't like it.
I Love it too! Enjoy.

CountryLovingGirl Mon 06-Jun-16 06:32:02

Great! Thanks for putting my mind at rest :-) I don't want a load of broken bones on the day.

EmmapausalBitch Mon 06-Jun-16 06:45:27

I had a roller skating party at that age and loved it so much I had another one the next year. I never did grow out of roller skating, skate at least twice a week and would kind of like a roller skating party for my 50th in a couple of years grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now