Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Father's Day

(2 Posts)
NathalieM Thu 02-Jun-16 14:51:20

Hi everyone. Do any of you plan for father's day in advance? If so, what do you normally do and do you make it more of a celebration? I always got the impression my own dad didn't really care that much about getting something for father's day, but he recently hinted rather strongly that he does indeed care, so I'm doing some advance planning.

So I've been thinking about getting him a few small father's day gifts (maybe something from here? Looking for more suggestions: www.menkind.co.uk/fathers-day-gifts) and also taking him out for dinner as a massive thank you.

I made the strange assumption that men didn't care as much about father's day, and whilst I think it's true in some ways, there's also a part of them that would like to be appreciated the same way a mother is!

So does anyone here plan for father's day? Or do you ignore it completely? Thanks.

BackforGood Thu 02-Jun-16 19:21:40

It's always the Sunday closest to our ds's birthday, so, if we are at home, we'll tend to have family round anyway.
Never really made a big thing of it. when they were younger the dc made cards and got some chocs, same as they did for Mothers Day.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now