Talk

Advanced search

Really big plain iced cake for party!

(11 Posts)
Notthisyear Sat 30-Apr-16 09:51:33

Hello,
Thinking a cake I can decorate myself with stuff from eBay is the way to go for ds' birthday party, but can't find any supermarkets online selling such a cake that isn't fruit. I'm sure I've done this in the past!
Obviously I can and will trawl round all the shops, just though someone might be able to point me in the right direction - I don't want to buy it online, just know where to look so I can spend time on party bags instead
Have invited 40, your guess is as good as mine about how many will come!

Aphie Sat 30-Apr-16 09:52:57

Asda has a plan sponge cake meant for putting photos on you can just buy plain. It's rectangular though.

fuzzywuzzy Sat 30-Apr-16 09:53:47

M&S do as election of plain iced cakes

Notthisyear Sat 30-Apr-16 14:07:26

Thanks for those ideas. I'd heard of the Asda one but assumed I'd have to put a photo on, which I don't really want! Will check them out.
It's harder to get a bigger one and I assume I'll end up throwing some of it out/eating it all week.

HighDataUsage Mon 02-May-16 20:15:10

I would just ask a local bakery to bake you a plain iced rectangular sponge cake.

CaroleService Mon 02-May-16 20:19:32

Costco do enormous ones really cheaply.

NicknameUsed Mon 02-May-16 20:21:05

How about baking your own traybakes . They are really simple and taste so much better than shop bought. Just cover it with buttercream and sweeties and you will be on to a winner.

Paffle Mon 02-May-16 20:22:32

www.sweetsuccess.uk.com

These are quite good.

DreamCloud99 Mon 02-May-16 20:24:46

Second Costco ! Lovely cakes (you can opt for plain too ) . It's just a large slab of deliciousness for less than £15 smile

dottyaboutstripes Mon 02-May-16 20:26:50

Id say Costco but if you're not a member, the Asda one is great (you can def buy it plain, no photo)

museumum Mon 02-May-16 20:29:08

You can order them online from Waitrose for collection in store. Various sizes and shapes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now