Talk

Advanced search

Party for 3 year old- timings and order help please

(4 Posts)
Wishful80sMontage Mon 16-Nov-15 08:55:16

Dd turns 3 a few weeks after I will have given birth so decided to have party in a local village hall. I'll get m and s buffet food and hire an entertainer who will do dancing and games (£70 per hour).
If we have party on sat its only available 2.30-4.30 or sun any time from 11 -5.
Say the party is running from 2.30 to 4.30 when would entertainment start and end and when and how to serve food? Would I have the kids all seated and let the parents choose from buffet for them? They are mostly around 2-3 years but a couple are younger and we won't have highchairs down there.

drspouse Mon 16-Nov-15 09:03:12

We chose a morning party for our DC1 aged 3 because of naps for both DCs but your DC2 will have random sleeps and I'm assuming your DC1 no longer naps?

We had about an hour's play then sandwiches (M&S platter, good choice), I think we gave the parents a plate to select more or less as you've said. One or two tinies sat on laps.
Then cake and singing and a bit more play.
We made playdough biscuits in the kitchen of the hall during the first hour and they were cool to go in the party boxes with a balloon, by the end.

bittapitta Mon 16-Nov-15 09:08:30

Half hour free play, then the entertainer, then birthday food (buffet style for parents to serve but some on tables too) then sing happy birthday/serve cake, then time for more free play while you tidy round.

attheendoftheday Sun 22-Nov-15 09:51:19

I would do exactly what bitta suggests.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now