Talk

Advanced search

Help! What do I put in the invitations

(4 Posts)
Laurenwils89 Sat 07-Nov-15 14:37:45

Hi everyone. So my dd is having her 6th birthday party in a little under a month. We are under a tight budget so it will be at our house, which is not huge. What I need help with is how do I politely put on the invites that it is for children only, and they will need to be dropped off/picked up. It is just not possible to fit the parents in our house as well. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! smile

PeekABooPinky101 Sat 07-Nov-15 14:48:02

Not that I've any experience of this, so sorry if this isn't possible.
Where the 'time' of the party is can you do
*Drop off: xx:xx Collect: xx:xx
Would that be enough or too subtle? If I received that I would be clear I was expected to drop dd off and pick up.

Maybe if there is also space on the invite could you ask for a contact number in case deeded while 'x' is as the party and you need to contact responsible adult?

Laurenwils89 Sat 07-Nov-15 15:00:22

That's a fab idea. Hopefully that should send the message across if I make them myself and add those suggestions on. I would just rather avoid the awkward explanation on arrival blush thank you for the help!

PeekABooPinky101 Sat 07-Nov-15 15:49:55

Even better if you are making them yourself! I almost asked that in the first post. smile

Good luck and have a wonderful party - and for what it's worth if anyone does stay, give them a task - make drinks, take photos whatever may need doing - they'll either clear off or actually be useful wink

My dd is only 2, and I've worried about her parties, then just think as long as she is happy all is ok from a small terraced house with a small galley kitchen. Quite a few adults can squeeze in there

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now