Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

25 4 & 5 yr olds and I'm in charge, help, help, help...

(7 Posts)
skybluedaze Fri 30-Oct-15 07:02:54

Have ended up ( how ? how ? ) with over 20 mostly year R kids coming to my daughter's halloween themed birthday party in local hall....I've booked a face painter but that's it. So that's 2 hours of games or something to keep them happy / not actually rioting.
Last time I tried to organise games ( for far fewer children ) I was a terrible combo of bossy and ineffectual so please coach me ! I've wrapped tiny presents for a 'pass the witch's hat' variant on pass the parcel, I have some very cheap tesco broomsticks so thought maybe split into groups for limbo under the broomstick, have cut up and copied spooky pics for find the pairs ( stuck up round the hall ) and was also thinking apple bobbing, musical statues and maybe musical chairs. I also wondered about a spooky variation on corners but don't want younger children trampled under foot.
Is that going to be enough for 2 hours ? Are they too young ? Any other suggestions of top games ( maybe something quieter ? ) Should I be spending today ringing every entertainer in the county or do you think this sounds okay ? Thank you party gurus.

00100001 Fri 30-Oct-15 19:42:58

Erm

You need a least two more adults to help - with actual roles!

00100001 Fri 30-Oct-15 19:44:22

Do craft thing as kids arrive (maybe colour in a spooky name badge or similar)

00100001 Fri 30-Oct-15 19:44:43

and get this moved to chat!

WhoTheFuckIsSimon Fri 30-Oct-15 19:45:29

Take a stereo and a cd and get them dancing for a bit??

Sleeping lions is always a good one for a break.

jelliebelly Sat 31-Oct-15 11:14:08

You need more help - adults with actual roles - not just parents stood around chatting. I'd get them some Halloween craft stuff to do as they arrive to keep things calm-ish. The games you suggest sound fine but you won't keep them under control without help.

NathalieM Wed 04-Nov-15 12:14:17

Hi Skyblue. I think in this case you'll definitely need to solicit help from someone. Trust me, I've seen that many 5 yr olds in party mode before and they can get out of control! Call some back-up!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now