Talk

Advanced search

Original present idea for 8 year old girl

(11 Posts)
Gingerbics Mon 22-Jun-15 19:45:45

Hi looking for inspiration for my daughter. Really doesn't play with dolls at the mo and has lots of crafty/ stationary type stuff. She asked for some sea monkeys but the reviews are rubbish unfortunately. We're thinking maybe a basic cheap digital camera, Any ideas welcome!

princessvikki Tue 23-Jun-15 08:20:31

I always wanted sea monkeys sad what about a robofish it's like a little robot goldfish in a bowl.. kind of along the same lines as sea monkeys but they really do look good, I of course at 25 have never been tempted to buy one wink
8 is hard it's an in between age not teenage but not a little kid either, I always loved crafty making thing I had a set for everything , soap, perfume even lip gloss. I can't wait until I am buy it all again for my dd

IBelieveInPink Tue 23-Jun-15 09:12:37

If she's into sea monkeys, what about a simple set up goldfish bowl? Low maintenance, but a pretty cool present?

slippermaiden Tue 23-Jun-15 09:17:31

Books? Music player? CDs? Nail decorating kit? Those cuddly toys with giant eyes?

WhenMarnieWasThere Tue 23-Jun-15 09:17:52

No to a goldfish in a bowl. Just too cruel, sorry.

Would a magazine subscription go down well? My dd loved getting her monthly national geographic kids magazine each month,p at that age.

Heels99 Tue 23-Jun-15 09:18:50

Yes camera is good idea.
Or kindle, MP3 player

UnspecialSnowflake Tue 23-Jun-15 09:22:24

How about stick insects or a giant snail? DD has a goldfish, he's a lovely fish but they're not low maintenance pets, they need much larger tanks than you'd expect to thrive and their water needs a lot of changing and checking to keep them healthy.

UnspecialSnowflake Tue 23-Jun-15 09:27:06

Another thought, how about a microscope? DD is seven and got one for her birthday and it's had lots of use. I can't find the exact one she's got anymore but the link below is similar.

www.amazon.co.uk/Discovery-Channel-100X-Microscope-Pieces/dp/B00BC6UQW8/ref=pd_cp_21_3?ie=UTF8&refRID=09QAD5MT6VY8FBW561MA

JaWellNoFine Tue 23-Jun-15 09:39:36

Soap making or bath bomb kits
Baking set
An mp3 player
Camera ( We managed to get DD a really cheap phone with a camera and mp3 player and some other things for almost nothing. We just didn't buy a sim.)
Things for her room. Fairly lights,lava lamp (ds just bought one) etc.

Gingerbics Tue 23-Jun-15 22:09:26

Wow fantastic ideas thanks so much now I'm
Spoilt for choice! Really appreciate all your suggestions! smile

Ramona75 Wed 24-Jun-15 10:10:11

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now