Talk

Advanced search

9 year old boys party bag alternative ideas

(12 Posts)
Britpakgirl Tue 02-Jun-15 15:59:53

My son is having a go karting party this weekend, I really don't want to give a party bag full of crappy plastic toys...please someone help with alternative ideas that aren't too pricey as the party costs a bomb! I thought of magazines but there doesn't seem to be any that are appropriate. My son said none of his friends are into Match Attax anymore. Thank you

Groovee Tue 02-Jun-15 16:01:24

The book people often have some good packs of books or activity books which can be fun.

RainbowFlutterby Tue 02-Jun-15 16:05:57

A torch key ring. DS got one once with his name on it and he's still using it now. I thought it was a fab idea.

Britpakgirl Wed 03-Jun-15 11:11:59

Thanks I think I'm too late for Book People...
RainbowFlutterBy where can I get a torch keyring from?

SayThisOnlyOnce Wed 03-Jun-15 11:13:01

Sweets and chocolate. (I have a 10 year old.) You really truly do not need to waste your budget on anything other than sweets and chocolate.

CMOTDibbler Wed 03-Jun-15 11:13:04

A lego mini figure each?

Britpakgirl Wed 03-Jun-15 11:14:43

Sweets and chocolate may well have to be the last resort... Lego mini figure is a good idea...thanks , I'll see what I can get my hands on ��

Leeds2 Wed 03-Jun-15 12:58:36

A football.

vestandknickers Wed 03-Jun-15 13:02:24

Big slice of cake is all that's needed. I don't think 9 year olds would expect/want a party bag.

jacquixx Sat 06-Jun-15 22:38:36

At that age they only want sweets. I've bought party bags from www.thelittlethings.co.uk before - they have a loads of little bits for party bags for all ages but last year for my son's birthday I just bought this little bag of old-fashioned sweets they sell and the kids loved them!

AlwaysDancing1234 Mon 08-Jun-15 21:36:57

Is there a Wilkinsons shop near you? They do Lego (type) racing car sets for couple quid each so in keeping with your theme

Gingerbics Tue 30-Jun-15 20:09:46

If you have a B&M near you they have giant whoopee cushions for £2.99,reckon they'd be a big hit!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now