Talk

Advanced search

Back garden hen party

(15 Posts)
MidnightRun Mon 20-Apr-15 10:19:12

I'm planning a hen party for my sister, she's having 2 (one in the city and one at home, I'm planning the home one as a night out isn't my thing). It's late May so I'm going with a festival theme with lots of flowers, cocktails in watering cans, tea cups Etc . I have booked a bouncy castle and thought of a couple of games - bra beer pong and henna hand painting. That's it though, I'm stuck for ideas to make it amazing! The bride to be planned my hen party last September and booked me a cocktail maker so o don't want to go down that route. If any one could give me any ideas for decoration games, activities, drinks, food it would be a massive help smile

Partyrama Mon 20-Apr-15 15:55:00

Sounds like great fun already! Maybe do a taco bar with lots of 'help yourself' fillings like salad, spicy meats, gauc, sour cream, salsas etc. Or things like Hot dog stations or noodles in pots - just thinking about food that has been eaten in the past at Festivals etc.
If you have a large enough garden area, how about a 'photobooth'? You could create a backdrop to hang from trees or fence or simply use your garden flowers as a backdrop and get everyone to pose with props like inflatables, floral head bands, face paints etc. Great way to document the day too!

MidnightRun Mon 20-Apr-15 19:02:57

Love the food ideas! I had no idea about food! Huge garden, it's at my parents house out in the countryside so it's about the size of a field with lots of trees, so the photo idea is perfect! Iv made flower head bands and today decorated jars for flowers and candles. Booked a bouncy castle and bags of popcorn too. Hopefully everyone will entertain themselves so I don't have to organise too much games :p

Springtimemama Mon 20-Apr-15 19:21:11

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Springtimemama Mon 20-Apr-15 19:22:46

westcoastnortherneragain Mon 20-Apr-15 20:32:58

Can I suggest that a bouncy castle and alcohol are not a good mix, everything else sounds fab

MidnightRun Mon 20-Apr-15 21:49:50

No one is a big drinker (and all old enough to hopefully have some sense) so bouncy castle should be fun, it's only booked until 7pm too :p oh the video quiz sounds great! What kind of questions did you ask the groom? Festival clothes and music is a superb idea!' Thank you!!

Springtimemama Mon 20-Apr-15 22:43:02

Springtimemama Mon 20-Apr-15 22:44:51

pieceofpurplesky Mon 20-Apr-15 22:51:08

Fortune teller! One of the guests dressed up and a deck of angel cards or something like that? Massage? Trying to think what else they have at festivals/fetes ... Cake stall? To go with taco bar. Games such as quoits or croquet. Do you know anyone in a band that would do a quick turn got a free meal??

comeagainforbigfudge Mon 20-Apr-15 22:54:18

Obstacle course? Really simple one that can be done slightly tipsy! grin

helpfulharriet Thu 23-Apr-15 13:02:00

Tasteful life drawing - try this , they are advertising free sessions right now to promote their business. peaks100.wix.com/mates-and-two-veg

Eve Thu 23-Apr-15 13:04:39

naked waiters?

Stealthsquiggle Thu 23-Apr-15 13:13:28

Friends of DB2 had loads of white bunting and fabric pens/paints, sequins, beads, etc, and everyone decorated a flag (or several) - they then used the completed bunting at their wedding and kept it afterwards (so it has since been used, for example, at their LO's christening). Would that fit with the whole festival feel?

Buttercupsandaisies Thu 07-May-15 21:28:13

A buckaroo for adults would be brilliant!many bouncy castle hire places also hire these.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now