Talk

Advanced search

Does this sound ok for a party for 8 yr olds?

(8 Posts)
TheRestofmylifeiswaiting Tue 14-Apr-15 22:33:45

8 x 8 year old girls

Cinema

Followed by lunch at home (pizza, mini sausages, garlic bread, biscuits, ice cream with variety of sprinkles and toppings)

Party games :

Bobbing apples
Wrap the mummy up
Simon says
Sleeping lions
Charades
Pictionary
Pin the tail on the donkey
Chinese whispers
Musical statues

Two teams - each have to put on a princess dress, tiara and shoes, take a picture with smartphones of every member of the team dressed up - first team to finish wins

2 teams - each child draws pic of themselves, swap pictures with the other team - other team has to guess who the pics are of

Might not get all those games done but covers variety of inside and outside games as we haven't got much room in the house - depends I weather if we can do more active games outside

Think total party time in house will be 2.5 - 3 hours depending on cinema

Have a playlist of disco songs too for some dancing if we need to fill time

Am I missing anything?

TheRestofmylifeiswaiting Tue 14-Apr-15 22:34:56

Oh and I was planning on giving winners of each game a sticker and the one with the most stickers at the end wins a prize - will have a "charades off" if same amount of stickers? Or should I just give sweets as prize for every game or something else as prize?

TheRestofmylifeiswaiting Tue 14-Apr-15 22:36:23

Oh limbo too

twentyten Tue 14-Apr-15 22:36:40

Sounds great! winewine For afterwardssmilesmile

HalleLouja Tue 14-Apr-15 22:37:03

I personally would take them to the cinema and do something quickly at home. Maybe food and a disco all that time at home after the cinema is quite a lot.

EvilTwins Tue 14-Apr-15 22:38:53

Cinema then food would do.

I am super impressed that you can be bothered with the rest of it. grin

AlwaysDancing1234 Thu 07-May-15 12:20:41

Cinema and food sounds great. Maybe too many games for afterwards though, could get a bit manic!

Damewithoutfrontiers Thu 07-May-15 12:32:06

I agree with EvilTwins.

I have done similar parties in the past (boys). Cinema, food, then chucked them out into the garden if dry, or they went to up to DS3's bedroom and played with his toys (the ones he allowed anyway) if raining. They had no more extra time than an hour on top of getting back from the cinema. It's amazing how quickly and how little they eat when they have something else to do grin.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now