Talk

Advanced search

RSVP should u be a but worried or is this the norm....

(6 Posts)
Dickorydockwhatthe Sun 11-Jan-15 11:00:39

I've invited 13 children to Ds party invites sent out Wednesday first week back!!! Repondents need to reply by Saturday so they have 10 days to reply. I recieved 6 replies so far in dribs and drabs. Is this good??? I was hoping to get 10 as thats the minimum, but sent out three extra. Ds would happily invite more but it's £15 per head shock. Panic is starting to set in as I thought most would of replied this weekend. Part of me is thinking should I invite a few more friend amo day that ds wanted to invite too to increase my chances of at least getting 10. Two of the mums I know haven't replied yet to me and the other parents I don't really know so wondering if I will get a response.

Dickorydockwhatthe Sun 11-Jan-15 11:01:24

I meant *I sorry been sneezing as I type

AlpacaLypse Sun 11-Jan-15 11:04:23

frankly six replies out of 13 is pretty good if it's a primary age party. Chase up the parents you do have contact details for.

What will you do if all thirteen do turn up?

AlpacaLypse Sun 11-Jan-15 11:05:33

Sorry, misread - 10 is the MINIMUM for this activity, not the MAXIMUM.

Dickorydockwhatthe Sun 11-Jan-15 11:46:55

Yes minimum which I will have to pay regardless. I can afford the extra 3 so and expected a couple to decline. I know if I couldn't make a party I would text the parent straight away so that they could invite some one else so I'm hoping they will reply.

MulledLairyFights Sun 11-Jan-15 11:55:46

IME a lot of primary parents don't get the invites. They languish in children's drawers or the bottom of their book backs.

Contact them by other means, email, text or school gate. Begin with "I know invites get lost in school and bags but we invited xxx to zzz's party on....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now