Talk

Advanced search

What do you think about this idea for a 40th birthday celebration

(4 Posts)
theendisnigh2 Fri 09-Jan-15 10:31:25

I am stuck on what to do for my 40th. I have never had a birthday party for myself before and saying that, l have only got about a couple of friends. I just like to live a quiet life and l am not very outgoing. I don't want to just go out for a meal or stay in. I want to do something which involves the kids because my little girl, like mummy is struggling to make friends at her preschool. So l am thinking that maybe l organise a small party (a couple of hours) and invite the 4 girls she talks about the most in school plus 2 of her brothers friends. Maybe hire an entertainer also. I don't want to call it a birthday celebration otherwise the kids will get confused and think it's her birthday.
What do you think? Is this a daft idea?

ShatnersBassoon Fri 09-Jan-15 10:34:48

It would definitely be a party for the children, and would be confusing for everyone. Why not have a day out somewhere with your adult friends, somewhere that would also be fun for your children?

Invite your children's friends round for tea and a play after school to encourage those friendships.

pilates Fri 09-Jan-15 10:51:54

How about a day at a spa with a close friend?

Yes, second to inviting children's friends round for tea and a play after school to encourage friendships.

theendisnigh2 Fri 09-Jan-15 10:54:21

Thanks ShatnersBassoon, it's very true that it will be confusing for everyone and it will be a good idea to invite them round for tea and play after school. I will try and talk to the parents next week or drop a note for the ones l don't see.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now