Talk

Advanced search

Coolest kid's party you've ever thrown or attended?!

(46 Posts)
victorianhomedreamer Sun 14-Dec-14 09:30:21

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

victorianhomedreamer Sun 14-Dec-14 09:38:19

BuddyKringleberry Sun 14-Dec-14 09:40:50

For my sons 5th birthday, I really wanted to do something special as I'd given birth prematurely to twins 2 weeks before and the whole pregnancy had been awful and been spent either in hospital or in bed.

So we hired a hall and got a company in that do animal parties. They had all sorts of animals the kids could hold, Pygmy hedgehogs, snakes, tortoises, tarantulas, lizards etc. Followed by party games. The kids absolutely loved it, of course not every child wanted to hold every creature can't blame them, I wouldn't go near the tarantula but it was a really special memorable day x

thetooththewholetooth Sun 14-Dec-14 09:43:57

Similar to buddy. Friend hired hall with bouncy castle and invited a lady from a wildlife rescue place who brought rabbits, chinchillas, tortoises and hedgehogs - it was fab!

victorianhomedreamer Sun 14-Dec-14 09:44:33

victorianhomedreamer Sun 14-Dec-14 09:45:21

Redcoats Sun 14-Dec-14 09:49:19

My two went to a friends laser quest party. Unfortunately it has been snowing all day an quite a few of the party guests didnt make it.
So the parents who did get there joined in with laser quest to make up the numbers. It was brilliant. It had a soft play attached and we went on that as well.
The birthday boy was 7 so not too embarrassed to have his mum and dad on his team.

iknowimcoming Sun 14-Dec-14 09:50:51

We did my two a joint Halloween party when they were 4 and 6 for 50 kids, feel faint thinking abOut it now! Hired a hall and an entertainer who was brilliant, loads of Halloween decs, everyone dressed up and we got the fish n chip shop across the road to do kids meals for it for £1.50 a head. We only had 4 adults but it was fab, all the kids had a brill time and talked about it for ages afterwards.

victorianhomedreamer Sun 14-Dec-14 09:53:55

KenDoddsDadsDog Sun 14-Dec-14 09:56:44

DD is a Christmas birthday so we have had a Santa and reindeer party at the local farm and a nutcracker theme. The best though was making ice cream sundaes at our local retro ice cream parlour.

Sunshine200 Sun 14-Dec-14 10:21:08

I did an arty party for my
3 year old. A lady came and hosted it, they made treasure boxes which doubled up as party bags, and clay trinket boxes which they decorated with glitter and buttons etc. It was great.

victorianhomedreamer Sun 14-Dec-14 15:49:21

victorianhomedreamer Wed 17-Dec-14 18:24:32

MAsMum Fri 19-Dec-14 23:29:11

We did an Olympic themed party for my son's birthday. We had forty kids with 6 teams. Each team had a colour .We hired a hall and then set up an obstacle course for each team: ie throwing bean bags in buckets, jumping over hurdles, putting a ball in a cup ( using plastic golf clubs), crawling through pop up tunnels and space hoppering back. Each child got a medal to take home.

PandaG Fri 19-Dec-14 23:35:07

The science party we threw for Ds when he was about 9 was a great party. We did lots of fun experiments including getting iron filings from cereal and maki g gloop, finishing with mentos in coke in the garden. Took quite a lot of effort, but was a great success!

EATmum Fri 19-Dec-14 23:48:42

For DD1's 12th (I think) birthday we did a photo party. Borrowed a box of props (hats, wigs, glasses) from a photographer friend and bought a tripod for my iPad. Took loads of silly group shots and then printed a few each for them to take home in party bags. We knew all the parents and they were all ok with their kids being photographed. With some Dominos pizza arriving half way thru it was a lot of fun, very cheap and good for the tweenie age.

ladydepp Fri 19-Dec-14 23:52:09

Not any of my dc's but a friend's daughter went to a party at a local recording studio where they recorded a song. Pretty cool if they like that sort of thing.

DevaDiva Fri 19-Dec-14 23:56:29

If you're in Cheshire/Shropshire then Simon from Corner a Exotic is amazing. Does great a animal parties everything from a Pygmy hedgehog to scorpions, spiders and snakes. He has loads of interesting facts about the animals too and the whole environment/ecological angle - great at getting kids/adults to overcome phobias too.

My kids have been to a few parties and I have booked him many times for work events. Can't recommend him highly enough.

UniS Sat 20-Dec-14 00:14:45

Kids disco with part games. For two 5 yr olds. In village hall with games run by a young school dinner lady who knew all the kids and disco done by her brother. Invited whole class and siblings.

attheendoftheday Tue 30-Dec-14 13:57:02

Probably dd1's 3rd birthday (I realise that choosing my own party is a bit blush but every other party I've been to is a standard soft play party).

It was a dinosaur party and we had a sand pit full of salt dough dinosaur bones to dig up and make a skeleton (which was traced on the floor). Also a paper covered wall to do cave paintings, some crafty stuff set up (mostly stickers and gems to decorate pre cut dinosaurs), a table of homemade dinosaur eggs to excavate (filled with plastic dinosaurs) and a small tent draped in hessian to make a dinosaur cave. The best bit was when dp pretended to be a dinosaur and chased the kids around.

Nerf Tue 30-Dec-14 14:00:11

We did a school fete party in the back garden - hook a duck, guess the number of sweets, name the bear etc and other stalls, had a magician and the ice cream man came and parked on the drive. Was so much fun grin

Nerf Tue 30-Dec-14 14:01:27

Made a stocks and dh had wet sponges thrown at him, had face painting.

jeee Tue 30-Dec-14 14:04:51

My brother's sixth birthday party consisted of a trip to a local stream, where the boys fished for sticklebacks, followed by fish and chips for tea. It was talked about nostalgically for years by the boys who attended it.

My mother said she'd never do another boys party, ever.....

trixymalixy Tue 30-Dec-14 14:08:43

Two stand out that I have thrown.

DS was really into pirates so we hired the tall ship as a venue (£80!!), my dad dressed up and did all the entertainment and it was fab.

Last year for DS I did a minecraft theme and all the food was minecraft related. The boys loved it and talked about it for ages afterwards particularly the sweetie TNT.

helzapoppin2 Tue 30-Dec-14 14:12:48

Years ago, DS1, five, said he wanted a "spooky party", so cue Halloween costumes and games. It was May!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now