Talk

Advanced search

B'day tea party at home- party planners over here!

(5 Posts)
BetteDavis01 Tue 02-Dec-14 17:20:06

Birthday party novice here!

DD, who is in reception class, turns 5 years old just after Christmas and I'm planning a birthday tea party at home for a few of her friends. (10 max)

Can you give me some ideas on how to keep them entertained please? Party will last two hours, and I will provide buffet lunch. House is quite small, so don't think we will manage any games that involve running around.

Please help me! I want to make it special for DD! TIA

Partyrama Wed 03-Dec-14 16:50:58

How about designing their own cookies?
Bake up some simple biscuits - loads of recipes on Pinterest or BBC Good Food website.
Then fill condiment bottles (Big ketchup bottles) with Royal Icing (Keeps it tidy this way) and let the kids get creative!
Or Sharpie mug designing? Get them to design their own mugs with Sharpie pens!
Pinterest is the saviour of all party ideas! Just have a little look and you'll be sure to find something! smile

BetteDavis01 Fri 05-Dec-14 06:46:07

Thank you! smile

Mitchymatchy Mon 08-Dec-14 20:19:20

one thing that works quite well is to start them off decorating their own party bags, or just colouring generally. Look at Baker Ross for multipacks of craft ideas - stuff like scratch art bought in packs of 10 or 12. Get yourself a long list of games - pass the parcel (with a SMALL gift in the middle - I once started with an A4 colouring set in the middle and it used a ridiculous amount of paper), pin the tail on the donkey/crown on the princess etc, musical thingies maybe with 'everyone hop like a frog' etc instead of calling people out. Limbo was a huge hit at the last party we went to. Get a truckload of stickers and award liberally after and during games.

Have to say pizza and ice cream at home was the easiest party tea we've ever done, and was very popular. I sat them all in a circle on the floor, on a blanket.

AnneFlem Mon 22-Dec-14 05:07:19

You can plan some games, if you have a backyard you can do the egg - spoon race or a hidden treasure. Or if the party is being held indoors you can have the Re[eat it game. Craft or cupcake decoration is a good idea and it can help in building kids creativity, then we have the memory games too. You have a lot of choices and since there will be only 10 kids you won’t have much trouble keeping them entertained. For my nephews birthday at Markham my sis invited the whole class and neighbours so it was a big crowd. She even bought inflatable games for rental ( www.superiorevents.ca/inflatables.php ) to keep the kids entertained.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now