Talk

Advanced search

Lego Star Wars party - ideas for party games please!

(15 Posts)
CoffeeChocolateWine Thu 06-Nov-14 12:49:19

I'm throwing a Lego Star Wars party at home for my son's 6th birthday in a few weeks' time. We have 12 5/6 year olds coming. The party is 2 hours. So far I've allocated 45mins to do a Jedi Academy, half an hour for food/cake so I have 45mins to do some party games.

I'm going to do a themed pass the parcel, a game involving keeping a balloon up in the air with light sabers, perhaps what's the time Darth Vader and a few crafty activities like colouring pages and a box of lego but then I run out of ideas!

Do 5 and 6 year old still enjoy games like musical bumps/statues or will they see it as a bit babyish?? Any other ideas in keeping with the theme?

TIA.

CoffeeChocolateWine Thu 06-Nov-14 13:20:15

Oh and we're doing pin the lightsaber on Luke Skywalker too!

BlueChampagne Thu 06-Nov-14 14:44:30

I saw 7-8 year olds joining in musical statues etc at a party last weekend, so no worries there.

You could do a treasure hunt (especially if you have some older ones to help read the clues - or make them very simple). Or a version of hunt the thimble? What are you doing for Jedi Academy?

If you've got nerf guns or similar, you could have a blaster shooting competition?

Yoda says (instead of Simon says)
Light side, light side, dark side (instead of duck duck goose)

I hope you're serving chelsea buns ...

BrieAndChilli Thu 06-Nov-14 14:48:45

I bought some alien catapult things in wilkinsons pocket money area and made a black hole to flip the aliens into. Was a big hit
I also used my sons starwars fighter pod figures and some fake snow and they had to dig around and rescue the people from whatever the ice planet is called
We did starwars bingo printed off the internet (I recommend practising the names before the party unless you like several 6 year olds correcting you!)
I used lego starwars stickers and did pin te person onto the rescue ship an had a scene with an exploding star and a Star Wars ship on
I did white and green balloons and drew yoda and storm trooper faces on and they had to stomp on the storm troopers being careful motto get yoda.
It was a year ago so can't remember anymore

BlueChampagne Thu 06-Nov-14 14:52:37

Ooh I'm nicking the bingo idea for DS2's Skylanders party! Will also have to practice names grin, but I haven't your talent BrieAndChilli - not drawing those blighters onto balloons.

LadySybilLikesCake Thu 06-Nov-14 14:56:25

Death star piñata (balloon covered with paper machet, paint black and use a white sharpie to put the patters on it. Make a hole in the bottom for the sweets) with light sabre bats (painted cardboard tube).

LadySybilLikesCake Thu 06-Nov-14 14:56:55

Pattern blush

ThinkIveBeenHacked Thu 06-Nov-14 14:58:48

Corners? With a Star Wars theme, name four corners of the room. Play music with your back turned. Stop the music and kids run to a corner of their choice. You call out a corner and everyone there sits out. Repeat until you are down to four or fewer kids - must go to separate corners every time the music stops. Repeat til only one in - they are the winner.

ThinkIveBeenHacked Thu 06-Nov-14 14:59:18

Death Star Piniata is genius!!

LadySybilLikesCake Thu 06-Nov-14 16:24:09

wink

CoffeeChocolateWine Thu 06-Nov-14 16:29:24

Love these ideas...thank you so much! I am definitely doing a Death Star pinata and Star Wars bingo!

Corners, Yoda says and light side dark side are on the list too. I kind of like the idea of just having a few games up my sleeve that we can do on the spot and don't need too much prep as we may not even get round to them in 45 mins.

We've got a kids entertainer coming round as Luke Skywalker (we debated having Darth Vader but thought we might end up with some terrified children on our hands!!) to do the Jedi Academy! I think they learn some lightsaber moves, do some duals with each other and with Luke and get a certificate at the end. I've never booked an entertainer before so I'm a little anxious about it (hence me only booking a short slot rather than the entire party!)...really hope it's good!

Yes, we've got Princess Leia buns on the menu, along with Jabba the Hutt dogs, Han burgers, Light side and Dark side cupcakes and lightsaber fruit kebabs, and all washed down with some Yoda Soda!

LadySybilLikesCake Thu 06-Nov-14 16:40:12

grin That sounds fab!

You should be able to get some glow in the dark pens for the death star. I'm not sure how good they will be but it's worth a try.

A bit too young for skalextric, possibly, but you could do pod racing.

Subhuman Thu 06-Nov-14 16:50:25

Lego building competition? Give all of them a certain amount of pieces and see who can build the best "thing" in a certain time.

BlueChampagne Thu 06-Nov-14 20:47:01

Always best to have more games than you need! And I love the sound of your menu.

CoffeeChocolateWine Thu 06-Nov-14 20:52:53

Thank you smile I'm hoping it will be fab! I always worry about these things far too much. This is only the second party we'd ever had for him as we only had his first when he was 4 and then he didn't want one last year, so I still feel quite new to it!

I'm looking forward to it, but also looking forward to it being done and dusted!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now