Talk

Advanced search

Help with dd 4th 'princess' birthday party please

(4 Posts)
ScottishInSwitzerland Fri 07-Feb-14 12:29:07

Dd will be four at end April
We are having a party at home. She has five children she wants to invite and I hope to arrange if for a time all five can come.

She wants a princess party. But I don't want it to be too sickly princessy.

Some of her friends have had amazing themed parties at home and whilst I don't want to (or think I'm able to) emulate that i would like it to be decent for her.

We have a balcony and a shared garden and the weather is likely to be quite nice end April.

My current thoughts are that the children can start by making their own party hats which will be crowns. Pens and gluing gems on.

Then I'm thinking games themed around the different princess movies.

For Ariel I thought a big tub of blue funky jelly type stuff that they have to stick their hands in and search for treasure. That could be on balcony

Pin the tail on the beast

In the garden a hunt for the seven dwarves. As there are six of them plus my younger daughter I could allocate each child a dwarf and give a clue in how to find it??

All the children are at least the same age as my daughter. Eldest attendee is nine months older than dd.

Any suggestions please? And if my blue jelly idea is good how do I make that??

Thanks

MadamNoo Fri 07-Feb-14 12:50:06

I've got 3 boys so Princesses outside my area, but look for Gellibaf (or some silly spelling) - crystals than turn the bathwater to jelly, comes in blue and would be perfect for that idea.

lilolilmanchester Fri 07-Feb-14 15:01:10

Sounds fabulous. I honestly think you have some great ideas. You could have them decorate cupcakes (shop bought if you don't fancy making them), just call it Princess cake decorating. Do a Cinderella shoe hunt. End with a princess themed DVD?? Just bling up anything you'd do for any other party.. E.g. Princess paper for pass the parcel; sleeping lions becomes sleeping beauty; you could do a pin the crown on rather than pin the tail on ...

BlueChampagne Fri 07-Feb-14 22:39:21

Yellow Moon for craft ideas.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now