Talk

Advanced search

5 year old boy party at home?

(4 Posts)
TheNightIsDark Thu 06-Feb-14 22:25:31

It's the end of March so could possibly put a bouncy castle in the garden. What else could I do though? He wanted soft play but I'm not sure I can afford it at the moment.

Would be about 6-10 boys/girls

BlueChampagne Fri 07-Feb-14 22:37:26

Bouncy castle should be a great hit IMO.

Hanginggardenofboobylon Wed 12-Feb-14 16:45:27

A bouncy castle costs about £50 so not a particularly cheap option but they are great and keep the kids entertained. My son's b'day is mid march and we are putting a bouncy castle in the village hall, cost is about £100 for hire of both which is cheaper than soft play.

Will the kids all be the same age?

I think if at home and you don't hire a bouncy castle - the current weather might put paid to that anyway, then I think you just need to have a plan of games. Pin tail on donkey, piñata, musical bumps/statues, pass parcel etc.

If they get fractious you could always put a DVD on like Toy Story and have popcorn.

silver28 Fri 21-Feb-14 11:21:25

We had a lego themed party at home for DS's 5th birthday last year. Had 9 boys aged 5-7. Just did party games - pass the parcel with silly forfeits, pin moustache on lego man, musical bumps, musical mats - then split them into teams for lots of relay races in the garden (hopping, sack race, space hoppers, dribbling a football etc) which went down well. They seemed to really enjoy it as don't seem to go to many parties with traditional games (lots of soft play parties). We had a bouncy castle the previous year which also went down v well, but this was much cheaper!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now