Talk

Advanced search

help - what to do with six children (age 3-6)

(5 Posts)
sunnyfriday Tue 07-Jan-14 06:54:42

I have a birthday party coming up and need some ideas for games or something else to do.

there will be 6 DC (ages 3-6), 3 boys and 3 girls.

we are having the party at home.

I am clueless. help.

Vajazzler Tue 07-Jan-14 06:57:03

Biscuit decorating? Little pots of icing and sprinkles plus a packet of gingerbread men or rich tea keep my dcs busy for a while. You could have some paper plates and stickers to decorate for another activity.

ExcuseTypos Tue 07-Jan-14 07:14:53

Pass the parcel
Sleeping lions
Treasure hunt
The biscuits idea is good, or you could have arty stuff out so they can make pictures/crowns etc

The 3 year olds might not want to join in all the games so I'd have a few toys out in a corner for them to play with.

MsAspreyDiamonds Mon 27-Jan-14 02:30:07

I just hosted a party for my dd who turned 3 & 6 of her friends aged between 3 to 6 years old so same as your age bracket.

I organised 2 structured party games (pass the parcel & pin the tail) which they enjoyed but they preferred free play instead. Musical statues which turned into a mini disco so no winners or losers!

I arranged all the furniture against the main wall & put the table adjacent to it so there was a large open space for kids to play. In one corner I set up a mat with toys & the coffee table became the craft table with an activity to start with while waiting for all the guests to arrive.

BlueChampagne Fri 07-Feb-14 22:42:23

Yellow Moon for craft activities

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now