Advanced search

Hall hire help

(4 Posts)
pigleychez Sat 15-Jun-13 20:04:28

Planning DD1's 5th birthday.

Have booked an entertainer. Belle from Beauty and the beast.

Numbers have grown so thought id look at hiring Hall's.
The local community centres are reasonably priced so thought id book that that. When I rang I was told that any electrical equipment needed a PAT certificate.
Checked with the entertainer and she doesn't have it.

DH reckons we should just use the stereo anyway as no one is going to check. Should we just do it? Im apprehensive as im the world's worse worrier!

whattodoo Sat 15-Jun-13 20:08:22

To be honest, I'd go back to the entertainer and explain that you're going to have to cancel if she can't provide this.

I'm not an 'elf'n'safety' fan, but I'm pretty sure many venues would expect this, and an entertainer should expect to have to comply. It won't cost her too much to get certified?

SillyBlueHat Sat 15-Jun-13 20:09:58

I've never heard of this!
Do you know any electricians?

pigleychez Sat 15-Jun-13 20:35:24

The entertainer too had never heard of being asked to provide one.

Even if I wanted to bring my own stereo to the party it would still need PAT testing.

Ive just emailed a local electrician to see how much he would charge so I can get an idea.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now