Talk

Advanced search

birthday present for a 3 year old?

(8 Posts)
NappiesGalore Mon 29-May-06 11:31:17

as usual, my mind is totally blank on the ideas front when it comes to presents for people i love. got tons of ideas for random people, obv. anyway, i digress.

ds1 has 3rd birthday coming up and his only requests are; a cake with a train and candles on it, and a 'green present' ie a box with green wrapping paper and ribbon on it. dont think he quite gets, or maybe doesnt care, whats in it.

he already has a bike and more clothes and toys than he can shake a stick at (has cast off's from totally over-indulged older half brother, as well as his own stuff)

he needs nothing, he wants for nothing. so what do i get to put in the green box?

and we have so many books here, i dont think we've even read them all.

NappiesGalore Mon 29-May-06 11:33:23

something to teach him some good values (loving, sharing, caring, generosity, empathy that sort of thing. all the things he learns the opposite of from his older brother grrr.) might be nice, but what? for a 3 yo?

NappiesGalore Mon 29-May-06 11:34:11

no pet suggestions please. 3 kids under 3 plus dp is quite enough to look after, ta.

NappiesGalore Mon 29-May-06 11:38:46

cant bring myself to do a party - hes not really been at preschool long enough to have 'friends' per se anyway - so we'll do a cake and a song with just us family i think.

might do a joint party for him and ds2 who will be 2 four weeks later...

sorry to keep posting.

this is my version of thinking aloud. oh how sad.

colditz Mon 29-May-06 11:41:04

playdoh.

NappiesGalore Mon 29-May-06 11:55:45

yeah. hed probably be happy with that.

just had a little chat with him, and aside from changing green to purple, his requests are still the same.

i think i'll make time to leave all bro's at home, inc the baby, and take him out somewhere just him and me. or maybe just him, his dad and me. yeah. and put play-doh in the box.

and now ill bugger off and hang my head in shame at moaning that my kids have everything. 'stuff' is pretty far from everything, of course, but its easy to say that when you have plenty of it.

southeastastra Mon 29-May-06 12:03:56

My 4 year old has a blackboard/magnetic whiteboard that he plays with everyday, almost obsessively, have you got one of those?

NappiesGalore Mon 29-May-06 12:50:51

sort of... ours is the one from ikea with a roll of paper you pull through... white bit not magnetic... mostly they draw on the paper, and get grown ups to draw stuff for them.

its in the kitchen and they do play wih it, but not obsessively... maybe some magnetic things for the fridge then.

sincerely thank you for thinking for me. i really really appreciate it.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: