Talk

Advanced search

Christening Gift

(9 Posts)
Gillian76 Sun 28-May-06 21:56:25

I have just been asked to be my neice's Godmother.

What do you think of this as a Christening gift?

Gillian76 Mon 29-May-06 11:20:43

Was thinking about the pink one with the star and personalised with her name....

bramblina Mon 29-May-06 11:27:47

I love them and have bought a few as gifts. I put a couple of pound coins in them and I put a lovely note in one for my sister, and didn't tell her about it. She won't know till she opens it which I think will be nice. You could put in some paper slippings about the day she was born, or christened, or a poem or phots and not tell her.

bramblina Mon 29-May-06 11:30:19

Ooops clippings and photos.

Gillian76 Mon 29-May-06 11:32:55

Oh lovely thought, bramblina.

bramblina Mon 29-May-06 11:38:59

You lucky thing, it's very exciting. Maybe see if you can get one personalised.

Gillian76 Mon 29-May-06 11:55:06

I have ordered this one with her name. I have plenty of time to think what to put in it.

bramblina Mon 29-May-06 12:39:40

It's lovely. Maybe jewellery, or you know those books of stamps, first day covers, they're collectable and might be worth a bit in a few years. Maybe something a bit nicer but you know what I mean! You could pop out the morning of the christening and buy that day's paper to cut something from it before you wrap it. Or even put a special message in the paper for that day, and cut it out. Or do you have anything from the day she was born?

Gillian76 Mon 29-May-06 12:54:42

Nothing from when she was born. It will be her first birthday too!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: